Last updated 9/20/22 - Subject to Change
Proof of Vaccination No Longer Required
The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority. As the pandemic continues to recede, the BOMA International Executive Committee has voted to suspend the requirement that BOMA conference attendees must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test. We are continuing to monitor infection rates across the country, and CDC and local health guidelines. As such, the vaccination/negative test requirement is subject to reinstatement at any time. We will continue to keep attendees informed about any changes to this policy.
Face coverings are not mandated in Kansas City, MO, and we will not require masks to be worn during the conference, however, we strongly encourage attendees to continue to wear a face covering indoors if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease due to age or underlying health conditions, or if you are unvaccinated.
All attendees must comply with on-site pandemic protocols and the Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct / Personal Responsibility
By attending BOMA 2023 in Kansas City, you agree to the following:
- I agree not to travel or attend BOMA 2023 if I or a member of my household is sick with an airborne communicable disease
- I will not attend if I test positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with symptoms or someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- If I begin to feel sick when I arrive in Kansas City, or at anytime during the conference, I will isolate myself immediately. I understand the symptoms of COVID-19 include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- I will frequently wash and sanitize my hands while attending BOMA 2023
- I will follow social distancing guidelines and foot traffic flow signs
- I will greet everyone in a safe and professional way
- I will follow safety protocols in place at the conference, in the hotel, at the convention center, and all local, state and federal public health guidelines and laws
- I acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present and that BOMA cannot guarantee conference participants will not become infected with COVID-19. By attending, I voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19
- I agree to cooperate with BOMA, its conference venues and public health officials regarding investigations and reporting of COVID-19 infections or suspected infections prior to, during or after the conference.
We are continuing to monitor the ongoing developments and policy changes concerning pandemic safety. We are working closely with our Kansas City venues and suppliers to ensure we provide an environment that complies with local, state and CDC guidelines. Instructions and protocols are subject to change and we will continue to update you.