Last updated 12/9/21
The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority, and we want to do our part to help prevent the spread of this disease. We are implementing several safety measures to aid in reducing the spread of the virus. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending the 2022 BOMA International Conference & Expo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or a Negative COVID-19 Test is Required to Attend
As confirmed by BOMA International's Executive Committee, we will require all attendees and exhibitors to provide either a proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before you arrive at the conference. Registered attendees and exhibitors will receive instructions on how to submit proof of vaccination or test results prior to the event.
Other Safety Requirements and Policies
- All attendees must comply with posted instructions and safety protocols, including wearing a face mask if required, and respecting social distancing. Instructions and protocols are subject to change.
- If you begin to feel sick when you arrive in Nashville, or at anytime during the conference, you must isolate yourself immediately. Stay in your room and contact the hotel operator if you need medical attention. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- It is federally mandated that all individuals, including those vaccinated, wear a face covering in US airports and onboard airplanes.
On-Site Pandemic Protocols
- A BOMA 2022 badge must be worn to access all conference events.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the hotel and convention center
- Sanitation wipes and disposable masks will be available at the BOMA registration desk if you need extra
- Socially distanced seating will be available in most meeting rooms and signage will indicate one-way traffic flows in and out of rooms
- Wherever there are lines, safe queuing measures will be in place and plastic/plexiglass shields will be at all registration counters and service desks
- Safe traffic densities will be monitored and maintained in the exhibit hall, registration area and in all meeting room areas
- All convention center employees and contractors will undergo health checks and wear masks while servicing the BOMA conference
- The hotel and convention center will engage in frequent cleaning of elevators, escalators, lounges and furniture, hallways, restrooms and door handles
- The conference agenda, information, and handouts are accessible through a mobile app to limit the exchange of paper materials
We are continuing to monitor the ongoing developments and policy changes concerning pandemic safety. We are working closely with our Nashville venues and suppliers to ensure we provide an environment that complies with local, state and CDC guidelines. Instructions and protocols are subject to change and we will continue to update you.